Ski Jump Hill & Grounds
World-famous from the annual finale of the International Four Hills Tournament, Sepp (Buwi) Bradl Stadium, with a total of 3 jumping hills, is a popular excursion destination. The stadium was named after Sepp (Buwi) Bradl, the greatest jumper in the history of Bischofshofen Ski Club. On the right-hand side of the landing hill, the Buwi Bradl Monument was erected in his honor.
All of the ski-jump grounds are open to the public, and can be visited free of charge at any time. The interesting self-guided Ski Jump Path leads out from the town center, incorporating large info boards to explain the most important features of this sport and the ski-jump grounds themselves.
Hill Size 140 m – Paul Ausserleitner Hill
The hill was actually constructed in 1947 as the "Hochkönig Hill". The first major event there was a selection competition for the 1948 Winter Olympic Games in St. Moritz \ Switzerland.
Due to a tragic training accident involving Paul Ausserleitner (05.01.1952), who succumbed to his injuries 3 days later, the hill was renamed the "Paul Ausserleitner Hill".
In 1991, the hill underwent its first major remodeling, with additional improvements coming 9 years later, including the construction of a new clubhouse building. All of this was in preparation for the jumping events in the Nordic Ski World Championships, which were held in collaboration with Ramsau in 1999.
2004 saw extensive renovations and an enlargement of the hill, as well as the installation of mats for summer jumping. Today, the Paul Ausserleitner Hill is radiant in its new glory, also proud to proclaim itself the "world's biggest summer ski-jump hill".
Nowadays, Bischofshofen is an important training center where, during the summer, you can often encounter teams in training from around the world.
Guided tours of the ski-jump facilities are organized by the tourist office
Bischofshofen: Tel: +43 (0)6462 2471, email@example.com